Monday, April 11, 2011

Although it is not said anywhere that Ansel Adams was an influence for Peter Lik, their photos are very similar and I would not be surprised if this was the case.  Both Lik and Adams has influenced me through my travels to appreciate nature and document breath taking landscapes in a way that resembles their styles of photography.
Ansel Adams

Peter Lik
I discovered Peter Lik four years ago while I was back packing up the coast in Australia.  I wanderd into one of his galleries and was amazed at how beautiful his work was and how well he was able to capture the true beauty of the country that I was seeing everyday.  Although I could not afford any of his prints (hopefully one day I will), I did purchase his coffee table book which sits in my living room to this day.  Through my travels I often refereed to this book when I saw the perfect shot and tried to get the same angles and appreciation for the beauty in nature.  Because of him I was able to greatly improve my skill and take some breath taking shots of what Australia has to offer.    

Further down my blog you will find some pictures that I took when I was in Australia that were influenced by Lik.  

No comments:

Post a Comment